Tuesday 26 June 2012

Here's my heart, O take and seal it. Seal it for Thy courts above.

Hey Everybody,

I wanted to give you an update about something God has really been laying on my heart recently and I want to ask for your prayer about it. So hang with me as I give you the spiel. Here it goes...

My time in Poland so far has been unreal and it is really hard to believe it has been almost a month since I arrived here. Crazy right! Since that time I have begun to develop some awesome relationships with some of the Polish girls in Bielsko and God has been moving in my heart. I already knew that I was in love with Poland and the people here but I guess this last month has really affirmed that and I have just really deepened my heart for the lost here in Poland.

So here is the big news: I have been offered an unbelievable opportunity; and that is to extend my internship with Josiah Venture here in Poland to the end of November. What would that look like? Well basically it would be me deepening the relationships and connections I already have with the youth here. I would love to get the chance to disciple some of the girls in the youth group and just have the opportunity to continue sharing Christ's love to the youth here even when camp is over, especially when camp is over. Why the heck would I stay longer? Along with an extra three months here in ministry I am also praying that the Holy Spirit would begin to make it clear if he wants to be a part of full time ministry, specifically here in Poland. Multiple missionaries here in Poland have approached me about the possibility of me being part of long term missions here.  I am not 100 percent sure what that would look like yet but what I do know is that I am at a point in my life where I feel like God is calling me to something greater than what I am currently doing with my life and I am praying for his guidance into what that looks like whether it be full time ministry in Canada or here in Poland. What can you do right now? Please PRAY. Pray that God would make it clear if He wants me to extend this summer internship. Please pray that God would provide the funds necessary if an extended internship is what he is calling me to. And please pray that God would also reveal to me if he wants me to be in long term missions in the future here in Poland. I really feel like the Spirit will confirm whether I should stay or not through all of you, the people surrounding me and praying for me as I am here.
Please contact me if you have any questions for me or if you just want to discuss this with me further, I would love to! As for support, I will be making my decision in the next 2 weeks and when I do I will definitely update all of you either way. If you feel called to donate to my extended internship I will let you know the details when I know for sure if that is what God wants me to do.

I want to thank you all for you prayer and your support from home. It means a lot to me that you read my little updates and pray along with me as I am here. I can't thank you enough and I will definitely keep you updated as things become clear to me. So bear with me and all I can ask for is your prayer. You guys mean so much.

God Bless,

Kat


1 comment:

  1. Katharina!!!
    Oh my GOODNESS this is CRAY, GIRL! I am SO excited for you!! Wow wow wow. God is sooo good. He just does infinitely more than we can ask or imagine, eh? (: I have so much joy in my heart about this... I hope you are feeling the same joy and excitement!

    Praying for the wisdom and direction in this next little while. May the Lord continue to help you grow these relationships and continue to give you His Father's heart for Poland. Know that he is just delighting in your choice to pick up your cross and deny yourself daily! He loves you, Katharina! And SO GREAT are His plans for your life! (: Woohoo!

    Backing you 100 million percent,

    -Trina xoxoxooxox

    ReplyDelete