Monday 4 June 2012

The 99


Hey friends!!

I think it is about time for another little update. I thought I would share what God has been putting on my heart throughout this training week. There is so much being packed into the 5 days here in Czech. It is so amazing the time being spent studying the Word. I am just soaking up information like a sponge!

The first night we all arrived Dave Patty, the president of Josiah Venture told us the story of how it all began. It is an incredible story and I am so blessed that God has sent me to be a part of it. I knew that I was embarking on a journey with an organization that God is using to reach Europe in unbelievable ways. The thing that stuck out most in what Dave said revolved around the story of the lost sheep in Luke 15. In case you need a refresher the story is about a shepherd who has 100 sheep and when one gets lost he drops everything and leaves the 99 other sheep to search for his one lost sheep. What really struck me  was when Dave said what if it is the reverse? In central and eastern Europe there is only 1% of the population who believes in Jesus. So what do we do when there are 99 lost sheep? 
The answer is clear. We are called to drop everything and go search for the 99. And this is Josiah Venture's vision for the coming year, seeking out the 99%. That is why we come as interns, that is why so many choose to serve here in these 12 countries full time, it is because we will not stop seeking after the 99.

I could go on for ages about what God is teaching me here in training but what I would ask all of you at home is to be in prayer for the 99. Pray for those who desperately need Jesus. Please pray that God would be with the interns, the full time missionaries and most importantly, the nationals. My prayer is that God would raise up leaders in Poland to share the gospel and to equip the other nationals. I have this image in my mind that just like at Pentecost the holy spirit would come down upon the youth all across Poland and that there would be a love for Jesus in Poland that would spread like wild fire.

I am so excited for Wednesday to come, to start my summer in Poland. I get the privilege to be on a team with 9 other amazing people who love Jesus and have so many different gifts to bring to the table. I could not ask for a better group of people to serve along side with.  Pray for us, pray for Poland.


- Kat


No comments:

Post a Comment